Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Carey!

Ever have one of those days where the card you're trying to make turns out even better than you imagined? This was one such card...

One of my dear friends in Dallas recently had a birthday and I made this card especially for her. I have never used this A Rose is a Rose set before, but I knew it was the perfect one for Carey. She is so beautiful and so loving... and roses just remind me of her. I also have never used this gorgeous Organza Ribbon - oh, my!! Is it ever elegant! I am going to have to find some more cards to use this on... I absolutely love it! As if that ribbon didn't do enough (which it did!), I also dazzled up the rose a bit as you can see below.

Well, this was a fun card to make... I do recommend using the Stamp-a-ma-jig on this set to get it lined up just right. If you're not familiar with this tool, you can see a tutorial on how it works by clicking here. I hope Carey had a fabulous birthday... and Carey, if you're reading this, when are you going to come out here and visit me in these beautiful mountains?! :) Love ya!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: En Francais Background, A Rose is a Rose
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Rose Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Organza Ribbon
Tools: Wide Oval punch, Glue Stick, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stamping Sponge

5 comments:

Liam said...

This is just a stunning card. I might need to case this one. it is just gorgeous. thanks for sharing.

Liam

MEL said...

What a lovely card! No, I usually have those days where my card turned out worse that I expected it too.

Dianne Force said...

Wow. That's beautiful.

Angela said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle!

I have a card for you...it's here:
http://makingmayhem.blogspot.com/2009/06/happy-birthday-michelle.html

Happy Birthday! Hope it's grand!

Hugs,
Angi

Andrea Walford said...

Beautiful rose! This is so nicely painted!