To create this project, you need the supplies shown here (and listed below):
- 8.5" x 5.5" piece of Soft Sky cardstock, scored at 4.25"
- 1.5" x 3" piece of Natural Ivory cardstock
- 1.75" x 3.25" piece of Blue Bayou cardstock
- 16" piece of River Rock double stitched ribbon
- Garden Whimsy stamp set
- Paisley background stamp
- Blue Bayou and Mellow Moss classic ink pads
- Stampin' Dimensionals
- A piece of scrap paper (not shown)
- SNAIL adhesive (not shown)
Then roll the brayer over the rubber on your stamp going both directions until the entire stamp is covered.
Normally, I leave my background stamps on the table and press the card on top of the rubber so I can rub the paper and get a great impression. But that won't work on this card since we have it masked off with our torn paper. So carefully lift up your inked stamp and line it up to press onto your masked card. You'll have to be careful to get the entire card covered, so peek underneath the stamp to see the edge of the rubber as you place it down. I've been too fast with this before and upon lifting it back up, noticed I missed a bit of the edge -- that's okay... I just trimmed the uninked part off and it was just a slightly more narrow card!
When you place your stamp onto the card, please be sure to press evenly all over so you're sure to get a nice impression.
I hope you enjoy this technique as much as I do!