Friday, August 1, 2008

August Stamp-a-Stack Cards!

Coming at you from Stampin' Up!'s fabulous demonstrator Convention here in beautiful Salt Lake City!! (well, actually, I knew I'd be too busy to write a post like this while I'm here, so I actually wrote this back in Texas before I left *giggle*). It's the start of another new month! And that means I have 3 more Stamp-a-Stack cards to show you! I hope you've forgiven me for not doing a Stamp-a-Stack last month due to all of my houseguests and what-not. Perhaps this month's cards will make it up to you - I'm quite pleased with them!

But first, here's the scoop on this month's workshop: It will be held on Saturday, August 16th from 10am until noon. We will make a total of 12 cards (4 each of 3 different layouts) using my supplies and ink - all I ask that you bring is SNAIL-type adhesive. The cost is just $10 with a $15 minimum order, or $20 without an order. Clear envelopes are provided at no additional charge, or you can choose to purchase coordinating paper envelopes that you can stamp to match the cards. Those are $0.20 cents each.

As always, if you either cannot make that date, or do not live in this area, you can choose to receive a Mail-a-Stack kit. The kit contains all the pre-cut and scored consumable supplies necessary to make the same 12 cards using your own stamps, ink, and tools. It also contains my popular Instruction Sheets on each card, detaling the dimensions, supply lists, step-by-step instructions, and color photographs. The cost for this option is $18 for local pickup, or $22.80 if Priority Shipping is needed.

Either way, you will need to contact me to reserve your seat/kit no later than Thursday, August 14th!

Okay... enough of that! Now onto the cards! I've got several new things to show you this month - some of the new In Colors, as well as a couple new stamp sets! This first layout uses the fun new set called Sock Monkey! We'll be doing two in Ruby Red and two in So Saffron, as shown below.

Although the colors are set, you can choose to mix & match the balloon & banana however you'd like. The set also comes with some other accessories that you can choose to use as well. Here's a closer look at the two I made:



For the second layout, I've used the gorgeous new Pacific Point cardstock - Oh, I just love, Love, LOVE this color!

I've paired it up with Bashful Blue on this card, and I think the combination is just stunning. This 2-step stamp set is called Pretty Peony, and I will show you how to get a perfect impression each time using the Stamp-a-ma-jig (or you can have a peek at this tool now by visiting my online Stamp-a-ma-jig Tutorial)! The sentiment here comes from another new set called Heard from the Heart. I love the combination of the block letters with the cursive!

Finally, this third layout uses some more of the new In Colors - Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, and Tangerine Tango (which I've paired up with Apricot Appeal).

The pink card is actually the card I'm using as my swap here at Convention! It's a fun, yet simple card to make, so I thought I'd share it with everyone! The stamp sets here are Sweet Celebrations and Short & Sweet. Here are these two cards individually:



Well, what do you think?! Again, if you'd like to attend the workshop on the 16th or receive the Mail-a-Stack kit, be sure to let me know no later than Thursday, August 14th!

I'll catch up with you again when I return to Texas early next week... have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Love the cards! Especially the red/pink and the orange/apricot cards - they are lovely...

Anonymous said...

Wow--how cute is that Sock Monkey. My son's favorite stuffed animal was the sock monkey. I think he went through 3 of them. TFS your talents. Darlene L

Anonymous said...

I so much enjoy your blog, it is very informative and I do case alot of your cards and ideas. Thanks for the time you put into it and know you are very much appreciated

Lesa said...

OK...Michele...
I did not even like this set and was sorry I ordered it until I saw the "MAGIC" you seem to have to make amazing cards!!! Thanks for sharing...now I will actually open my set and give it a try1 :)

Lesa G.