Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm Back!

Hello everyone! I'm back home after a very long (but fun) week with my family... We took a cruise through the Caribbean and had a wonderful time. Did you miss me?? I'm ready to get back in the saddle again, so I'll start with this card:
I pulled out a couple punches for this one - the new 5-Petal Flower and the Spring Flower Bouquet. They work really well together! Of course, I also got to use the new Crop-a-Dile to set an eyelet in the middle. The background is stamped with Versamark using a stamp from both the Ginormous Flowers and Priceless sets. And the sentiment (isn't it beautiful?) is from All Holidays. Instead of just stamping it right on the background, I cut a small piece, inked the edges and then used dimensionals to raise it up a bit. This made it stand out much better. The polkadot paper is Cutie Pie with a strip of Certainly Celery behind it. I used the Tearing edge to tear it. It is the easiest way to make a controlled tear when you want it to look even. The other colors are So Saffron and Brocade Blue. And that's the White grosgrain ribbon, of course.

This card is easily done in alternate colors, and if you like it, plan to come to my Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow night (Aug. 14th) because we'll be making it then! Sign up now so you don't miss out!

I'm glad to be back home. Going without my stamps for over a whole week has been MURDER on me!!

2 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

I missed you!! And welcome back!
This card is gorgeous. You're so clever!!

LeAnne said...

Michelle, your blog is awesome! Your ideas are very crisp & clean and I love your style and creativity! Keep up the good work, esp. with three boys--oh my!!!