Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Whole Set

I showed you the first card yesterday... here are the others:

We made these at tonight's Stamp-a-Stack workshop and they went over well. I'm glad, because it's out of my comfort zone. I tend to lean toward more soft, simple cards. This one is vibrant and sharp! I know that not everyone has the same taste as me (why not??) so I try to come up with different things. The colors here are Certainly Celery, Rose Red, So Saffron, and Bashful Blue. There's a little bit of Brocade Blue thrown in as well.

I already talked about how these were made in the previous post, but note that there are a couple subtle differences. You can't see the background on the blue card very well in this photo, but it's there. The blue and green cards do not have the Ginormous Flower in the background, only the Priceless swirly stamp. And on two of the cards, I used the paper piercer and guide to make a row of holes below the strip. On the other two, I tore the bottom edge. Other differences include the positioning of the flower vs. the sentiment, and the degree of contrast in the color scheme.

This just shows yet again how easy it is to take a card that you like and alter the colors a bit to come up with a fantastic set! These cards just need a box like the one I created here. I'll let you do that... I'm going to get back to my comfort zone now.

And speaking of boxes, this Sunday is Girls Club at 2pm. The girls will be making a box similar to the one mentioned above. Moms, if you missed the Stamp-a-Stack where we made those boxes, now's your chance! Come along and be a mother-daughter (or grandaughter, or niece, or neighbor, etc.) team! Contact me to reserve your seat.

No comments: