Saturday, December 22, 2007

Merry & Bright Christmas

Here is one last Christmas card that I want to share with you...

I used one of my favorite color combinations - Soft Sky and Blue Bayou - with a touch of Real Red thrown in. The darling little snowman is from Merry & Bright (from the Holiday mini) inked with black StazOn, and the Merry Christmas sentiment is from All Holidays which I embossed using Real Red craft ink and clear powder. The gentle snowflake background is in Soft Sky ink on Naturals White cardstock. I colored the snowman's scarf & hat using my Real Red marker, and then I glittered up his hat with some Dazzling Diamonds! I also shaded his body using a blender pen with the Soft Sky ink pad. I layered the snowman with the circle and scallop punches and then also punched the scallops with the 1/16" handheld punch. Here is a closer view:

Some Real Red grosgrain ribbon, metallic silver cord and a little Merry & Bright tag finish it off. Inside, I tucked our photograph and letter underneath the red ribbon since it goes all the way around. It was a perfect place for it.

And I want to extend a special Thank You to Dianne for her wonderful Christmas gift to me... the fabulous Ott light that I used to take these pictures under! It is a BLISTERY day outside, and even if I could stand the cold, there's no way the card would stay in one spot with this wind! I could never get a decent photo inside... until now! I think this light did the trick and I'm so pleased to have an alternate location to photograph my cards - right on my work table.

Well everyone, have a simply glorious Merry & Bright holiday!

4 comments:

Diane Noble said...

Well, the card is adorable and you're right, the lighting is fantastic! Love that little snowman guy! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog tonight and wanted to let you know that I LOVE work. I'm now signed up on Google Reader and look forward to reading your previous posts as well as new ones to come. Merry Christmas!

nancy said...

what a sweet, sweet card! beautifully done! that little snowman never looked better = )

Diane Noble said...

I'm back again! Just wanted you to know I got tagged and I'm turning around and tagging you because I really want others to see your incredible artwork. Hope you'll enjoy a few extra visitors. Check out my blog to see what I said about YOU! Hope you have fun with these rules--

The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Thank you Michele, for sharing all your adorable art work. I LOVE your stuff!