Friday, December 21, 2007

Origami Tree

Here's a really neat card to make... a 3D Christmas tree! It was inspired by this card on Splitcoast, and she has some basic instructions listed.

The tree presses down flat, so it can go into an envelope just fine. But when you pull it out... POOF! It pops out like this - here's a side view!

I made this one using the Wintergreen DSP, and I used a different pattern for each bough. But you could do this so many different ways and get all kinds of different looks. The boughs are just folded up squares... very simple to do (okay, so that smallest one was a little tricky!). I used Certainly Celery as the base card color, then a layer of Naturals White with Antique brads, and the tree is mounted on Always Artichoke with the corners punched with the ticket corner punch. The background snowflakes are from Merry & Bright, inked in Versamark. The base of the tree is just a scrap of Chocolate Chip and I inked the "Be Merry" stamp from Warm Words with the Chocolate Chip marker - I did each word separately so I could place them on top of each other. The star is from the Season of Joy set and it's stamped in Soft Sky ink with Dazzling Diamonds glitter (hard to see).

I have just one more Christmas card to show you before I "sign off" for the holidays... I will do that tomorrow, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

Michele, love this 3-D tree. That must have take forever, but the results are WOW! Love the DPs too. Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous card with us.