Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Michael!

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful comments about my new desk! I'm still thrilled with it - I've been making all kinds of cards! My only problem now is that I don't have enough time to get them uploaded, watermarked, and prepared for posting! ...always a complaint, huh?

Okay, so today was my wonderful husband's birthday. I made him a cute little card that I honestly think all of you will appreciate more than he did. :) Ah well, cards just aren't his thing!

Aw, isn't it cute?! Do you want to know what he said when he opened it?! He said, "Look boys, Mom made me a card that says she likes my nuts"! I'm NOT JOKING! Of course, many giggles erupted from my boys at that. I am so completely surrounded by testosterone in this house.

In any case, it was a fun card to make. I suppose it's fair for them to take it out of context to increase their enjoyment of such girl-ish endeavors. :)

Oh, a side note, I made the background by inking up the acorn from the Level 3 Hostess set, The More the Merrier, with my Versamark marker. May be a little more work than I tend to do, but hey, Michael's worth it... most of the time. ;)

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Animal Crackers, The More the Merrier
Ink: Versamark, Black StazOn, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware (retired finish), Always Artichoke Grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Pattie Sykes said...

Cute card. LOL on the reaction from the "boys"!!!

/p

Laura Howell said...

LOL! Boys will be boys. I love the card. I think it is super cute and the colors are great together. The acorns you added to the background are perfect!