Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Old Standby

I sat down the other night to stamp a card for a good friend and I decided to pull out one of my all-time favorite stamps... this gorgeous dragonfly from Measure of a Life. Click here to see an old card I made with it that I still love. Now, here's an updated one:

The Perfect Plum DSP is from an old Halloween set, but it matched perfectly. I also used some black satin ribbon.

Here's a close-up of my watercoloring... The wings are shimmery (I used some white shimmer paint), but you can't see that in the photo. Use your imagination!

Have I told you lately how much I love being back at my stamp desk?! The neat thing is that we have recently done some updating in our basement to turn it into a cozier place to be. We added new carpet, a gas-burning fireplace, a new couch... it's such a wonderful place now to hang out and watch movies. And that's great for me, because that's where my stamp desk is! So, now you know why I've been at it more often.

Michele

2 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

This is so pretty!
xo

Marelle Taylor said...

forgot to say...I think we need a photo of your "new" stamp space!