Saturday, July 13, 2013

Gift Card Holders

I saw these gift card holders among a bunch of swaps a few months ago (I'm sorry I didn't make a note of where it came from) and I had to make my own version. They are super simple, super cute, and super functional - what could be better than that?!

Here is a version closed:
 ...and here is how it opens:

Here are some basic instructions, and then you can see more samples below.

Start with the base piece (8-1/2" x 2-3/4," scored at 4-1/4").  Apply Sticky Strip as shown below:

Sandwich a "pocket" piece (4" x 4," scored at 2") inside to keep the gift card from falling down too far.

The top piece is 9" x 1-1/2," scored at 4-1/2."  It gets sealed shut with Sticky Strip as well. The top and bottom pieces get "hinged" together with a decorative brad. (If you still happen to have a Crop-A-Dile lying around, that works best for poking the hole all the way through the layers.) Decorate as desired, and there you go! Here are a few more of my samples:



Now go make some of your own and get to gift card giving!
Michele

No comments: