Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sneak Peek!

I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at one of the cards we'll be making this Saturday morning at Stamp-a-Stack!

The base is Elegant Eggplant and the front is vellum over Whisper White. I used my trusty Color Coach to tell me what colors would work with Eggplant, and it said Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, Lavender Lace, and Old Olive. What a wild combination, but since I was going to put vellum over it, I thought it would be fine... and it was! Here is a peek at the brightness behind the vellum:

The stamp set is called "True Friend" and is a new one out of the current mini catalog. The Birthday sentiment comes from "Hugs & Wishes" and was stamped onto the vellum with black StazOn ink. The ribbon is Pretty in Pink grosgrain. After seeing the photo, I am wondering if it might look even better if the strip of Eggplant showing on the front was torn instead of cut straight... what do you think? I may try it and if I like it better, we'll do it that way on Saturday. Have you signed up yet?? I still have a couple seats left!!

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I am so CASing this...love it!

Nancy Riley said...

This is GREAT! Love how the vellum mutes the bold colors! Great card!

Karen said...

I'm with Allison! I will be CASing this one! I love the vellum overlay!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to find this card! I was desperate for one more card for my class Friday night, not happy w/what I had. I stumbled on your blog and immediately KNEW this was what I was looking for.

Since I was already using these stamps on 2 other cards, I substituted In the Spotlight, but left everything else the same. Your card was a hit!

Thanks for sharing!