Saturday, October 18, 2008

Between Friends

I hope you liked all of my Christmas card designs! I had to keep them simple so they are easy to mass produce, but hopefully there's something there for everyone.

You will recognize the following two cards, as one of the Christmas cards is the same design. I actually made these two first, and liked them so much, I decided to add it to the Christmas line-up. The first one was for a dear friend of mine, and the second is for my neighbor's (and upline!) birthday. I used textured cardstock on these, whereas I didn't for the Christmas card, only because I can't buy textured cardstock in bulk.


Both of these flowers were colored with an Aquapainter and the ink pad lids. When you want a rich, vibrant look like this, it's always best to go with straight ink... the Watercolor Wonder Crayons are fabulous as well, but won't give you this strong of a color. I will also mention that you need to be mindful of what type of cardstock you are using when you use an Aquapainter. Watercolor paper is, of course, the best to use, but you can also get away with using Confetti papers as I've done here. It all depends on how much "play" you need. For these flowers, I only used one color, so I didn't need a lot of time to blend... therefore the Confetti paper provided enough time for me to get the varied shade. Oh, and ALWAYS use StazOn ink when you're going to be adding water! Otherwise, you won't be too pleased with the look... trust me!

The sentiments were inked with my Stampin' Write markers and punched with the Designer Label punch. I just love this new Best Yet Hostess Level I set! ...in my opinion, it's one of the best ones yet! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Wonderful You, Best Yet
Ink: Black StazOn, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Lavender Lace
Cardstock: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Lavender Lace, Confetti Cream
Accessories: Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Designer Label Punch, 1/8" Circle punch, Aquapainter

No comments: