Monday, October 13, 2008

Girl-y Birthday!

Hi folks! Sorry I've been MIA for so long... but you will be happy to know that I've been working so diligently on the cards for my upcoming Christmas Card Buffet, that I've not had time to stamp anything else for you! I have created 8 different cards for it and I am hoping to show those to you by Wednesday, if all goes well.

In the meantime, here is a card I whipped up for a dear friend's little girl over the weekend. I love having a chance to make girl-y pink cards!!

Nothing tricky about it! I used my Stampin' Write markers to color in the cake, and even though the cardstock is Pink Pirouette, the Pretty in Pink marker works fine. That's not always the case, though. I really hope that Stampin' Up! decides to give us Stampin' Write markers in the In Colors someday... and for those of you who agree with me, how about sending them an e-mail asking for it? If we all join forces, maybe we can make it happen! Their e-mail address is marketing@stampinup.com.

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: It's a Stretch, Best Yet, Classic Stripes background
Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Versamark
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Accessories: Pink Gingham ribbon, Pretty in Pink brads
Tools: Scallop Punch, 1-3/8" Circle punch, 1/16" Circle punch

3 comments:

Debi Calandrelle said...

I agree with the In Color markers - I've sent an email each year since they've started carrying the In Colors! I hope it soon sinks in that we'd really like to have them! LOL
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Cute card! i just emailed them too. I've always wished they would do In Color markers but never thought to send an email to ASK! thanks for your fun blog! I do READ it!

Angela said...

Love the way you can take a stamp set I'm iffy about and convince me otherwise! And that striped background is growing on me, too!

In color markers...that would be great! I just emailed them, too!