Friday, April 17, 2009

Snowed In at Home!

We arrived at our new home yesterday just in time... because as you can see, we won't be going anywhere for quite a while! Sorry the picture is so small - I don't have my full computer setup yet... I just wanted to give you all an idea of the welcome we received here in Evergreen yesterday! It has been snowing non-stop and we've got well over 2 feet by now. The truck you see here is my Toyota Sequoia - and it is NOT 4 wheel drive. Eeek! We thought we'd be okay with it until next winter. Wrong! I did manage to make it to the grocery store shortly after we arrived so I could stock up, but it was one of those toss-whatever-you-see-in-the-cart types of trips because I was afraid of getting stuck out there! But, alas, I made it home and we've been cozied up in here ever since.

We love our new place - and can't wait to explore some more. Unfortunately, this snow isn't scheduled to let up for another 24 hours or so... and that means that our moving truck will not arrive tomorrow as planned. Ouch. Looks like we'll have to make do with what we have until Monday! Nothing like being snowed in at home!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Take this time to enjoy your family and explore your beautiful new home!

Darlene L said...

That is some welcoming committee! Just a taste of what you can expect next winter I guess. The weather has been strange all over the country this spring I think. Glad you made it home safe and sound and so good to hear from you.

Jenn said...

Wow! Nothing like Texas is it? Enjoy your new home and the wonderful snow.

~Cheryl said...

You got the snow storm after it left me here in Utah. I woke up to 12 inches on Thurs. Didn't expect that. But be assured that this snow will melt really fast. Most of mine was gone by the time I came home from work. But I still had to uncover my truck and walkway! Thought I was done with that stuff for awhile.

Stephanie Hargis said...

Welcome to Colorado! :D We live in Westcliffe at the base of the Sangre de Cristo mountains and we got hit hard yesterday too. This is actually some of the worst snow that we have had all season so you just got lucky! ;) It will melt really fast though because we have warm days (usually). Anyway, I am glad to hear you made it safely!

Mia said...

I saw your "snow" post yesterday, & this morning our paper had a picture of a guy in... you guessed it!... Evergreen, CO digging out his car from under mounds of snow! What a coincidence, esp. since I'm in Buffalo, & snow in other places usually doesn't make our news! ;) Good luck!

Angela said...

That looks like fun! My kids would love a snow day...

C said...

I hope you get your stuff soon! We had a horrible experience with our movers when we moved here and were without our stuff for about 2 weeks -- I was 7 months pregnant and sleeping on an air mattress:) Ah, the adventures in life:)