Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Blast!

One night I sat down to make a special card for a special person. No real occasion - just something to tell her how much fun I have when I'm with her. This is what I came up with:

As you can see, I used my Big Shot on the background... it made for some great polka-dots! I also used the new Eyelet Border punch - it was my first time using it and I really like it! I enjoy watercoloring, and this was no exception. I didn't get too fancy, except to add a little sparkle. Here's a closer look:

One thing I'm doing a lot more of these days is actually giving away the cards I make! Like many other crafters I know, sometimes it's hard for me to part with something I spent so much time and creative energy on. But oh, the joy of actually giving it away!! It's far more rewarding! Give it a try... dig out all those cards you have stashed up... take a picture of them if it helps you... and then GIVE THEM AWAY to the special people in your life!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Pun Fun
Ink: Black StazOn
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Confetti White
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds
Tools: Eyelet Border punch, Big Shot, Texturz Plate, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Glue Pen

4 comments:

~Cheryl said...

You are so right about giving the cards away. I have started doing that this past year. I make sure I either make two (one to save) or I take a picture of it. When I send my rent check every month, I always include a card. I don't write in it, I leave it blank for her to use. She has loved it!

Laura Howell said...

I just found your site yesterday and now I have bookmarked it as a favorite...I like this card, and really like how you highlighted with the glitter. Hope you have found all your stamping supplies. I move to my new house in Novemer and finally just found everything about a month ago. My mom had helped us pack and she puts things in weird places sometimes. I thought the box was just full of knick knak junk until I picked it up to move it and it fell apart and tada there was the stamping stuff I had been looking for underneath all the knick knak junk!

Mandy Schiller said...

Love this card Michele! Fun Pun has become one of my favourite sets! I haven't used the rocket yet but have it mind for a card I need to make. Thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Not long home from the caravan. I was excited to see an envelope from you and even more excited when I saw what
was inside. Michele thank you for brightening up my day (well night, it's after 11pm). You always seem to know when I need a little boost. Love you lots and thanks again for this beautiful card. xoxox