Thursday, August 19, 2010

Aviary

As you can tell by the more frequent posts, Mr. Brown has recently made a visit to my home. :) Even though I've been with Stampin' Up! for a while now, when that brown truck brings me new goodies, it's still one of the best days ever! One of my newest sets is Aviary... a whimsical set that has a lot of possibilities. Here was my first stab at using it:

The color scheme is, of course, Basic Black, along with two new In Colors: Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz. I also pulled out my Big Shot and used my new Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and long-sought-after Alphabet Simple Letters.

If you look closely, you'll see that I used the new Basic Rhinestone jewels (no pearls!). I placed one at the tippy-top of the bird cage, one in the center of the Flower Brad, and then two on the "f".

A fun card for no particular reason, except to play with my new toys... (well, and to give y'all something to look at).

Michele

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another pretty card Michele! Love that wallpaper folder you used. So happy to have you back stamping! By the way, if you plan on selling instructions for your cards like you used to, plmk!
Have a great day my friend!
Liz K

Laura Howell said...

I love this set and can't wait to get it! I'm hoping to order it this month. I'm also happy to see you posting again, I love your cards. I really like how you used the rhinestones on the letter. So Cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it Michelle. I'm so sad that this set didn't make it into our new catalogue out on Sept 1st. Hopefully it will be in our next mini.

Vanessa said...

I love the black, you don't often see black on cards but it really looks stunning.