Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lovin' These Pearls!

Having my stamp desk closer has certainly helped me find the time to stamp again... who'd have thought? Anyway, my best friend's daughter's birthday is coming up, and since they live on the other side of the ocean, I can't exactly bake her a cake myself. So I whipped this one up for her.

So there's a lot to love in the new catalog, wouldn't you agree? But the one thing I'm loving right now are these Basic Pearls (pg 188, item #119247). Look how I jazzed up this cake from the Sale-a-Bration set, Happy Moments!

There's multiple sizes, so I used the itty-bitty ones for the cake flowers (a nice pair of tweezers helps place them where you want them) and I used a larger one for the Flower Brad up in the corner!

I am also loving these new Designer Series Papers... this happy one is from Pawsitively Prints II. And, by the way, I have one more entire set from my Paper Share... a 6"x6" sheet of EVERY new regular DSP. Let me know if you want to claim it!

Happy Stamping!
Michele

3 comments:

KellyRae said...

This card is sooo fun, and your friend will absolutely love it. It's amazing how closely you matched the patterned paper to your cake decorations. Fabulous!

Bonnie said...

The DSP and the cake are a perfect match and I love how you used those pearls. What a delightful card. Glad you are getting to stamp a little more now.

Cindy said...

I'm so glad you are stamping and posting more! I so love your sytle and it inspires me. This is a really cute card and I love how everything ties together so well.