Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Classroom Valentines

Once again, my boys and I made their school valentines... you can view this post to see what we made last year. This year, I pulled out the handy-dandy Big Shot and let the boys crank away! ...seems that thing is finding it's way into all my cards lately! I forgot to take pictures of the boys in action... darnit (I love to prove to you that boys DO like to stamp!), but they did, indeed, help me make these. Here is the final result:

We kept things simple and didn't do a whole lot of embellishing (kids are just gonna rip 'em open anyway, right?!). The tops of the bags are held closed with the Big Note Die and staples - easy peasy! Inside, we added a candy treat and a small note made with the Scallop Envelope Die.

I just love this little envelope - it's perfect for tucking inside a gift bag, or sliding under the ribbon of a wrapped package, or for hiding love notes under your husband's pillow...

...or for making little Valentines for all your kids' classmates!

Obviously, I used some retired Prints patterns - but the little 6" x 6" blocks of paper we get as a Hostess Level I reward are PERFECT for projects like this!

I still have two more Valentine posts to share with you but first I gotta patch up some chipped paint and pack a few more boxes... oh, and maybe do a couple loads of laundry, feed some hungry kids, scrub some toilets... you get the idea.

Valentine Recipe:
Stamp Set: Holidays & Wishes
Ink: Real Red
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, So Saffron, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, Prints DSP
Accessories: Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, Small Flat Cellophane Bags, staples
Tools: Heart to Heart punch, Big Shot, Scallop Envelope Bigz Die, Top Note Bigz Die

2 comments:

Christy said...

This is SOOOO pretty! I love the colors you used on all the little bags.

Arcticstamper said...

You are so clever! These are cute, they turned out great. I bet all the kids loved them! I love the idea of the scalloped envelope-Now why didn't I think of that?

-Darleia