Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What?!? Michele Stamped a New Card?!

Yes, indeed-y! I'm a little rusty at it, but I did manage to turn this one out last night...

It's quite simple, as you can see, but I wanted the focus to be on the little butterfly. This stamp set is a Hostess Level I set called "Of the Earth". I colored the stamp with the markers and even added a bit of a two-tone look to the flowers by using Lavender Lace as well as Elegant Eggplant. The sentiment is a nice quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson: "The greatest gift is a portion of thyself." What a fitting thing to put on a homemade card, because to me, every time I give a homemade card, I think of it as giving a part of myself... my time, my talent, my love.

I hope everyone is having a great week! We're scheduled to get some snow overnight, so I'm going to get cozied up by the fire for the rest of the evening... maybe with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book! Oh, this is the life! :)

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Of the Earth
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Really Rust, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive
Cardstock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant, The Write Stuff Specialty DSP
Accessories: Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon
Tools: Scallop Edge punch

3 comments:

Linda said...

Very nice Michele. Great color scheme, the butterfly just seems to pop off the card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Laura Howell said...

Glad to see you had a little time to stamp. The card is beautiful, I love the colors and the way you colored the stamp image.

Angela said...

Love your coloring! This is a lovely card. Glad you had time to stamp and share!