Monday, September 15, 2008

Baby Congrats

I just found out that a friend is pregnant and wanted to send her a little card. I had to keep it gender neutral, of course, and this is what I came up with:

This sentiment comes from the new Say It with Scallops, which happens to be the set Stampin' Up! has chosen to support the Ronald McDonald House Charities. When you purchase this set, Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to RMHC. I embossed the sentiment with clear powder and then covered the star (which wasn't "baby" enough for me) with the beautiful flower brad! This was a quick and simple card, but cute enough to say, "Hey, I'm thinking about you!"

As an update for those who are interested, Hurricane Ike did not do much here in "my neck of the woods". We got drizzle all day Saturday and some stronger winds than normal, but nothing damaging. We had the sleepover for Mason as planned, and awoke to the most beautiful blue sky on Sunday with narry a cloud in sight! I know, however, that there are many, many people who cannot say the same, and my heart goes out to all those further south who did not fare as well as those of us up north. Pattie, you okay?

Card Recipe:
Stamp Set: Say It with Scallops
Ink: Lovely Lilac Craft
Cardstock: Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Green Tea DSP, Certainly Celery textured
Accessories: Very Vanilla Taffeta, Flower Assortment Designer Brads
Tools: Scalloped Edge punch, Scalloped Square punch, 1/16" Circle punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love this great clean, simple card!
LeAnne

Unknown said...

What a sweet card! Glad Ike didn't bother you much!