Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthday Portfolio

I needed a birthday gift for Mason's teacher, so I decided to make her a portfolio with some notecards in it. These are super easy to make, and I give some basic instructions at this post. Here's how this one turned out:

These were a bit more difficult to photograph as I used Kraft cardstock and it just looks dull in the photos. But it has a nice, soft look to it paired up with the So Saffron and the Pink Pirouette. Here's the inside:

There are two cards in each pocket, along with the coordinating envelopes. I don't recommend putting any more cards in these pockets, as this one was pretty stuffed. I played around with making another portfolio where I scored it at 5-3/8" and 5-5/8" instead of just at 5-1/2" so it could have a little thickness to it. I think it would've worked well, but I had already decorated this one, so I went with it. If you do the thicker one, you still have the issue of the pockets only being folded up, and the pressure of too many cards would pop the Sticky Strip loose. So I still don't think I'd put any more cards in it, but the extra fold does help it not look so fat. Here is a closer look at the cards I made to go inside:


Again, I wish these photos did more justice to this project... you'll just have to take my word for it, I suppose! I hope Mason's teacher likes it!

Gift Set Recipe:
Stamp Set: Dreams du Jour
Ink: So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown
Cardstock: Kraft, So Saffron, More Mustard, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Parisian Summer DSP
Accessories: Kraft Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Scallop Edge punch, 1/16" Circle punch, Crop-a-Dile, Sticky Strip

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Michele! This is really lovely! What a great gift!!

Karen
xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Michell.... what a cute idea... you always have such neat ideas... i love getting your updates...
Melissa

Jenny said...

What a lovely gift! You do beautiful work!

Beate said...

Wow! Fantastic portfolio and cards!
Hugs and smiles