Friday, September 5, 2008

Cheers to Tiffany!

Okay, so I really like this set... that's become obvious! (See this post and this post to prove it.) And to think, I RARELY even drink! I think I just love the delicate lines of these drinks - they're really fun to watercolor! And maybe it's because I can be sort of a bartender of my own and make them whatever color I want to! Here's the birthday card I sent to my friend, Tiffany, over at My Crafty World:

Again, I don't normally use bright colors, but as you can see, I didn't let that stop me here! If I remember correctly (I really should write these recipes down before I mail the cards!), this is Summer Sun and Barely Banana paired up with Tempting Turquoise. Once again, I let the color of the drink pick my cardstock for me... isn't it fun?! And look how nicely the orange slice from Tart & Tangy acts as a lemon for the background! Here's a closer look at the drink:

Hmmm, so obviously this drink has some Blue Curacao in it, you think?! (okay, I admit, I had to Google that to get the name right. I don't drink, remember?!) I have no idea if you'd put a lemon on the side of it, or a cherry for that matter, but hey, this was MY creation. And the beauty of that is that I can add whatever I want to it!

So there, Tiffany, I designed this drink just for you! I'll even let you name it. Hope you had a dynamite birthday!

Drink Recipe (to the best of my recollection):
Stamp Sets: Cheers to You, Tart & Tangy, Heard from the Heart
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Black StazOn
Cardstock: Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, Confetti White
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise Narrow Grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aquapainter, Horizontal Slot punch, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun card Michele, I love the colors and I think the drink looks delishious...I'd give it a try anyhow! LOL! Have a wonderful day!
Liz K

Jenn said...

Okay...I'm definitely getting this stamp set on my next order. Its just too cute!

Kay Kalthoff said...

Ooooh, that is one super cute card!! Love those bright, summery colors. TFS!

Anonymous said...

I love your card. Like you I do not drink, but I love this stamp set.I say we make the drinks up as we go!Have a great weekend. Sylvia

Unknown said...

I just LOVE my birthday card!!!! Thanks so much Michele!!! AND I love this stamp set too!! When I frist saw it in the cattie I said that was going to be a set I bought first thing!! Thanks again!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Way too cute! Love how you used the lemon from Tart & Tangy on the background! Looks like I'll have to CASE this one :)

Unknown said...

And, it's just as cute in person!