Thursday, February 21, 2013

Get Well - QUICK!

Funny story.  Tuesday night, around 9pm, my husband comes to me and asks (and I quote), "Do you happen to know where I can find a get well card?"  Then I saw his smirk and knew he was being sarcastic.  I said I may be able to drum up something... then he said, "I don't want you to go to any trouble, I'm sure I can buy one at the airport in the morning," to which I responded with the appropriate dirty look that indicated, "don't you dare!"

So, at 9:05pm (because Michael was leaving in the morning), I set to work on a get well card for one of the managers in his company.  I quickly discovered that I don't have a single "get well" sentiment (I shall remedy that with my next order, me thinks!), and the few things I have that could work were all about love and hugs and kisses and stuff... not exactly what Michael and his co-workers would feel comfortable signing.  ;)

Alas, I had to dig in to my retired items.  But I managed to come up with something masculine enough to get the point across... tell me how I did!

Colors are Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Always Artichoke.  Took about an hour start-to-finish, but most of that time was trying to decide how to not be too feminine!  I opted for a faux-suede look by separating the cardstock into two layers and roughing up the edges a bit.  I had a nice piece of Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon tied across the middle, but Michael nixed it... so Linen thread it is!

I think he was pleased with the result... and I know he's proud to have a card-maker in the family to handle his last minute card-making requests!  (and I'm only happy to oblige!)

Michele

1 comment:

Pattie S said...

That faux suede is masculine, fun and easy to do. Now to those Get Well stamps, bet you'll have fun thumbing through the catty! Over and Over and Over!