Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fun Baroque Fold

Here's one of the cards we made at my last Stamp-a-Stack:

You lift the flap to open it up, and then the card opens on the left like this:

I just love the Baroque Motifs stamp set - that swirl can make ANY card look good! The base color here is Naturals White, but due to my own silly mistake, I cut Naturals Ivory for the class and didn't even notice until someone mentioned it when we were almost done! So, needless to say, the Naturals Ivory looked good too. The ink colors are Blue Bayou (stamped off on scratch paper first so the swirl would not be too overpowering) and River Rock. I sponged the edges with the Blue Bayou. The patterned paper is Le Jardin (another one of my favorites), and the ribbon is River Rock double stitched. The scallop was made with the corner rounder punch, guard removed, and the slots for the ribbon were made with the Horizontal Slot punch. The tag uses the Word Window punch and some linen thread. The sentiment on that tag is from Short & Sweet stamped with Blue Bayou and then sponged as well.

Fun one to make - hope you like it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found your blog about a month ago and really enjoy it! Your cards are great and I love this card! Thanks for sharing.

Courtney

Jayne Mercer said...

Love this card and style of card. Might just have to case it!

I so hope Baroque Motifs makes our next Australian mini in December!

Nancy Riley said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L !!!!!!

Marelle Taylor said...

I love everything about this, the soft colours, the elegance of the design...just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You have an awesome blog! Where do you find the time???

I just love this card. Is the card simply 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 with a flap added to the front or did you score it like a matchbook card?
Kristin
kristin_slack@yahoo.com

Alison said...

This is a lovely card - simple and elegant! TFS
Alison