Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fun Halloween Wheels

I have to admit... I've made a lot of cards. But these little guys? Well, they just happen to be some of my favorites to make! They look complicated, but they are quite simple and take very little time to make.

They are little 3" x 3" cards with a wheel inside. You turn the wheel to see different images through the window! What a cute idea for party favors or for teachers! You can even create a coordinating 3" x 3" envelope (as shown under the black one). Here's a closer look at a couple of them:


I used the Bitty Boos Too stamp set along with the "Happy Halloween" sentiment stamp from All Holidays. The colors are Basic Black and Only Orange (of course!), paired up with Lovely Lilac and Garden Green. To make the wheel, I used the Coluzzle cutting system (which Stampin' Up! sells) and then the 1/8" circle punch to make the notches. I used the 3/4" circle punch to make the larger notch where the wheel shows through, and I used the 3/4" square and the 1" circle punches to make the windows. I framed the circle windows with a 1 1/4" circle rim which was glued on with a glue pen. I used the paper piercer from the Crafter's Toolkit to make a hole through the card and wheel, and then attached it with a black brad. To stamp the images on the wheel, I just turned the wheel to a blank spot and stamped directly through the window... turned the wheel, stamped again, etc. I got 4-5 images on each wheel. Then I added some embellishments (buttons, ribbon, hardware, etc.) and voila! An adorable Halloween Wheel!

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but it sure is fun to decorate for it! Have fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable!

Marelle Taylor said...

So cute! I'll have to give these a go...

Anonymous said...

I love these and made some for my daughter to use as invites to a Halloween party! I've wanted to try these for awhile but thought it would be too hard. Thanks for sharing!