Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Suspended Snowflake

I'm back... thanks for the well wishes for my family. I had a wonderful time away celebrating the life of my uncle with all of my cousins. But it's time to get back to work now, and if I remember correctly, I promised you another neat Christmas card.

This is called a Suspension card. Here, look at it again...

See how the snowflake changes? It spins around! How cool is that?! I used the Christmas set Season of Joy again for this one, and it's done on Naturals White with Brocade Blue and More Mustard ink. The scallop is made with the corner rounder (guard removed) and then punched with the 1/16" circle punch. For the background, I stamped off the ink once on scratch paper before stamping on the card so it would be more subtle - all except for the "Merry Christmas" part... that was stamped full strength. For the suspension part of it... well, that's another tutorial I need to make, isn't it? Gosh, I have a lot of work to do!!

2 comments:

Jayne Mercer said...

This is such a lovely card. I must try this technique out.

Nancy Riley said...

Michele, this suspension card is so cute! Love the non-traditional holiday colors too! I've never made a suspension card ... gotta add it to my project to do list! Great job!