Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Cards

Here are two more versions of the Blossoms Abound card that we'll be making on the 20th - you can see the original one in this post. Here, I just added another flower cluster and changed the colors. I also changed the original sentiment and used some from Warm Words as these are what I sent to Michael's mom and step-mom for Mother's Day (they both say "Happy Mother's Day" inside).

This one has a Night of Navy base with an Old Olive layer above it. The flowers are Brocade Blue and Night of Navy with Old Olive stems. The leaves are stamped off first to make them lighter.

This one has a Perfect Plum base underneath the Old Olive, and the flowers are Perfect Plum and Pale Plum. Both cards use Ivory Taffeta ribbon underneath the Naturals Ivory which is torn by hand and sponged. It's a quick card to make, and thanks to the 2-step stamping that the Blossoms Abound set provides, it's also very full and beautiful!

Don't forget that my May Stamp-a-Stack will be next Tuesday evening (May 20th) at 7pm! Or, you can order the kit by mail... details can be found at this link. Or, you can just order the Instruction Sheets! I'm full of options. :o)

Tomorrow, I'll show you what the girls did for their moms at the last Girls Club workshop!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele, this is just gorgeous! I take it you didn't use the SAMJ? I always thought you had to with this set, but I like the way you stamped this better than lining it up! Which reminds me, when you did this stamp on the coasters (tiles), did you do it like this - without using the SAMJ? I was going to ask you that before but when I lookat these cards I am guessing you didn't worry about that. I'd like to do that class for my customers, too and any tips would be helpful! Oven tips, too? Thanks in advance! Jackie