Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Friends in Lilac

...and yet another card in these yummy colors! I promise my infatuation with them will wear off soon!

This card was made with the Level 3 Hostess set called Time Well Spent. This set was a special gift from Shelli Gardner (our cofounder and CEO) who sent it to all demonstrators over the holidays! (I tell you, the benefits of being a demonstrator just go on and on!) I stamped the flowers onto Whisper White cardstock, colored them with my Stampin' Write markers (Regal Rose, Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, & Certainly Celery) and then cut them out. The base card is Lovely Lilac, with the same flower image stamped randomly using VersaMark ink. The sentiment was also colored using the markers, and then layered onto Regal Rose and Certainly Celery. And once again, the gorgeous Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon (yours FREE when you purchase the Valentine Bundle) takes center stage! One thing I should mention, the fold for this one is on the side. I really like this twist on a landscape orientation, but after designing it and seeing which direction I wanted the ribbon to wrap around, it would've been more suited to have the fold at the top. But alas, my cardstock was already cut, so I just used a craft blade and made a slice in the crease for the ribbon to fit through. (there's a work-around for everything!)

Happy Monda... er wait... it's Tuesday already! I'm going to be off on my days all week since yesterday was a holiday! In any case, have a great one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO very pretty ! Love it alot..love the colors and textures!

Anonymous said...

Keep the color combo coming, I love it!! It brings a fresh look to the cards!
Thanks for sharing,
Courtney