Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy Elephant in Lilac

Wow! The response to my blog candy has been outstanding! Thanks for all of your wonderful comments... talk about getting a big head? Mine's about to pop! If you haven't left your comment to try for the mailbox yet, see my prior post while there's still time... I'll be picking the random number on Friday at noon. I know that my comments aren't numbered, but the first one is 1, the second is 2, and so on. Good luck!

Now for another new card. Like I said (countless times now!), I love the Happy Heart Day stamp set. And while playing with this card, I fell in love with the combination of Lovely Lilac and Certainly Celery. I don't guess I've ever used this combination before - bright colors usually aren't my style - but this was fun to put together!

The elephant was stamped on Naturals White with black StazOn and colored with an Aquapainter and the Going Gray ink pad lid. The rest was colored with Stampin' Write markers (Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Tempting Turquoise). When you are coloring this image, I recommend using the fine tip of the marker to go over the words - it really makes them stand out more. I used a glue pen and some Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the hearts and the toenails to give it some shimmer. Tempting Turquoise is the layer behind the elephant. I scalloped the top of the Certainly Celery strip with the corner rounder (guard removed), and I pierced the bottom of it with my paper piercer and Mat Pack. The striped strip underneath the Celery is from Flowers For You DSP... another one of my current favorites! The flower image on the background was stamped with Lovely Lilac. I added another flower that I punched and layered with Regal Rose using the 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches for interest, and it is adhered using dimensionals. Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon finishes it off.

**Don't forget to order your Valentine Bundle before January 31st! This is a terrific promotion with great products - for only $33.40, you get the Happy Heart Day stamp set, a package of 50 medium cellophane bags (great to use for treat bags!), a spool of wide Real Red grosgrain ribbon, and a spool of wide Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon! What a fabulous package! You can see this post for some pictures and ideas. If you haven't ordered yours yet, let me know and I'd be happy to get it ordered and shipped directly to you. I accept payments through PayPal, you can send a check, or I can call you for a credit card number.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that card too...those stamps are adorable!

I'm new to stamping and trying to gather everyone elses expertise, so appreciate "telling all" !

tyrymom29 said...

This card is so Pretty !!! Those stamps are way too cute !!!

JenniferL. said...

I left you the "You make my day" award on my blog. I always enjoy my visits to your blog.