Saturday, January 12, 2008

I've Been Tagged...

Actually, I was tagged back in late December... but I forgot! I've been so excited about tins and mailboxes and such!

The lovely Diane Noble of Diane's Designs was who tagged me. I am supposed to list seven random things about myself. So here goes:

1. I was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri and moved to Texas when I was 18. My parents and my brother moved before me, but because I was a senior in high school, I stayed behind on my own to finish. I guess you could say I was a pretty responsible teenager and my parents knew I wouldn't wreck the house. (and i didn't)

2. In high school, I was the President of the Drama Club. My first major in college was theatre... I don't really know why that didn't stick. But alas, Hollywood was not in the cards for me.

3. My husband and I only knew each other for 3 months when we got engaged. We were married 3 months later at the tender age of 21. Now, 15 years and 3 kids later, I guess we knew what we were doing despite all those people who doubted us!

4. When I'm not stamping (which isn't often!), I love to read. My favorite books are historical fiction - stories of pioneer families with all their struggles. The strength that they had to have in order to survive inspires me. I still hold to the belief that I was born in the wrong generation! I am a simple person, and long for simpler times... times without cars and electronics, times where we weren't all rushing from one errand to another. Times where food was cooked from scratch without artificial flavors or preservatives. Times where children knew what hard work was and understood that it was necessary to survive... I could go on and on.

5. I am an animal lover. I've had pets of all kinds - cats, dogs, rabbits, birds (finches), hermit crabs, turtles, fish, hamsters... currently we have 2 cats, 1 dog, some fish, and a snake. Never thought I'd own a snake, but out of EVERY pet I've EVER had, she is by far the easiest! Her name is Bailey and she's a 2 year old Brooks Kingsnake. I could say I got her for the boys... but I'd be lying.

6. I would really love it if I could find the time to learn sign language. I took an ASL (American Sign Language) course in college and loved it. Maybe some day I can go back and continue.

7. I have a fear of choking... not myself, but mainly my kids. I choked on a piece of hard candy when I was 7 and my teacher saved my life. It was pretty bad... everything she tried failed, so she had to resort to sticking her finger down my throat. The whole experience has scarred me for life. I suppose my kids are affected, too, as I do not allow them to eat hard candy! They know it's irrational, but they understand my fear and know that when they're out on their own, they can have all the hard candy they want. (secretly I hope they won't ever feel the need for the teeth-rotting stuff!)

Well, there you go! I have looked for people to tag, but since I waited so long on this, I think everyone else has already been hit. I'm sorry, Diane, for taking so long! Love your blog, and thanks for your kind comments on mine!

No comments: