Friday, January 2, 2009

Another New Beginning!

Happy New Year, everyone! Once again, I find myself re-examining my life, my priorities, my attitudes... you name it, I'm examining it! The good news is that I've made several new discoveries which lead to new decisions about how I want my life in 2009 to look. I won't bore you with the details, but I hope that you, too, have taken some time to reflect on the past and ponder how you'd like to impact the future by what you can do today and throughout 2009!

I have some important masculine birthdays that always creep up on me the first week of the new year... I typically don't get their cards mailed off in time, but I always think about these special men (my father-in-law for one!) on their special day. Here is a card that I made for these guys - and in order to dust off my stamp table from the long holiday sabbatical and ease my way back into card-making, I CASEd this one from my good friend, Marelle:

The photo doesn't do this card justice for some reason, but it really is a rich, beautiful look. It says Happy Birthday on the inside. On the envelope, I also stamped "...and you thought I forgot" from A Little Birthday Cheer just for fun!

Again, Happy New Year, and I hope you're off to a great start!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: En Francais, Upsy Daisy, Sweet Sampler, A Little Birthday Cheer
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Stamping Sponge

4 comments:

Paula said...

Welcome home. I missed your posts! Very nice, quick birthday card. I also have a few January birthdays that I have to get cards made for! My grandpa being one of them. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I love the look of this card, it's so elegant!!! You've just inspired me to get my En Francais stamp out to play with :)

Karen said...

Michelle,

This is really lovely! Those colours look heavenly together!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!!

Karen
xo

Mamawheelie said...

What a pretty card!