Monday, January 5, 2009

EJ's Birthday

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm sure several of you are seeing your kids go back to school like me... I am both happy & sad about it. We had a good break, and I actually think I'm going to miss them! Ah, well, I've got the 2-year old to keep me company! :)

Over the weekend, we went to my brother's house to celebrate the birthday of my oldest nephew (EJ) who just turned 19. Here is the card I made for him:

It felt great to sit back down at my stamp table and create something brand new from my own imagination! I know EJ likes purple (college colors), so that's where I started. I also knew I wanted to add some hardware - that always makes for a great masculine card, and I love a good excuse to use an adorable little Library Clip! The rest just fell together, but I made a point to include his name since it was easy. The combination of the Cute & Curly stamp set and the Cute & Curly punch creates a fabulous element! I think he liked it... well, he said, "That's cool, Aunt Miki!", so I guess I did alright.

Have a fabulous week, everyone!!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Classic Stripes background, A Little Birthday Cheer, Cute & Curly, Classic Alphabet (retired)
Ink: Versamark, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Linen Thread, Eyelets, Library Clips
Tools: Crop-a-Dile, Curly Label punch, Word Window punch, Stamping Sponge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday EJ, my 23 yr old daughters BD was 4th,

Wish you many more