Friday, January 16, 2009

Goodbye, Mr. Torres

One of Mason's teachers has resigned and today is his last day. This was sad news for us, as Mason has enjoyed being in his class... his first male teacher! I created a quick card to wish him well... it only took about 15 minutes to make this card - from designing it to actually creating it! That doesn't happen very often, but everything just seemed to fall into place on this one. Love it when that happens. In any case, here's what I made:

I am starting to really like these little Library Clips! Especially for masculine cards. It was so hard to refrain from putting some ribbon on here somewhere, but once I popped that clip on, the need for ribbon just vanished! The tree image was colored lightly with Stampin' Pastels and a dauber. And since the card base is so dark, I attached another piece of Naturals Ivory to the inside so I could write him a note.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, Live Your Dream
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Black StazOn
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Library Clip
Tools: The Tearing Edge, Dimensionals, Stampin' Pastels

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great masculine card and that sentiment is perfect for a life-change such as your son's teacher is now journeying through. Love it!

Christy said...

That is wonderful! I struggle with masculine cards too, but you did great!

Paula said...

Very nice. I love that stamp set. There are several in the new catalog that kind of "go with" this one! I can't wait to get them!

Christy said...

I named you as one of my 7 favorite scrappy blogs on my blog. If you'd like to display the award I passed on to you in a post or on your blog somewhere, and/or even pass it on to 7 others....go for it. Otherwise, just know, I think you rock =)