Monday, January 26, 2009

Dazzle 'Em with Cupcakes!

I have gotten the most wonderful e-mails and comments from this post... apparently my scrapbooking style resonates with at least a few of you! And for that, I'm thrilled! One particular reader, Karen, wrote me and basically begged me to do more scrapbook layouts... but I told her I had 5 birthdays and 1 anniversary in the next couple of weeks that I had to work on first. Well, that COULD'VE taken a couple of weeks to accomplish, but thanks to one of my favorite stamp sets (Crazy for Cupcakes) and an enthusiastic reader (Karen), I knocked out 5 of the 6 cards in just a couple hours! There's nothing better than to find a style that works... and then duplicate it over and over to meet other needs. Here are 5 birthday cards I made the other day while my 2-year old napped.

This first one is for my 17 year old niece. I remember once when she went through some of my cards that she really liked this one... so I decided to duplicate the colors for her... Tempting Turquoise and Real Red.

One of my very favorite things to do is add Dazzling Diamonds to my cards, and these cupcakes are the PERFECT thing to dazzle! (Edited to add instructions): To do this, I first dab the Embossing Buddy over my image which keeps the sparkle where I want it... then I simply use a 2-Way glue pen on the areas I want to dazzle, sprinkle the Dazzling Diamonds over it, and tap off the excess! As you can see below, the sparkly frosting is what turns this card from "wow" to "WOW!!!". Don't ya just wanna eat 'em up?! Although it's hard to tell in the photos, all of the cards in this post have this same sparkle.

This next card is the exact same format, only different colors - Pretty in Pink and Green Galore. It's for my 10 year old niece in Mississippi. These two cards use the Rainbow Sherbet DSP.

This next one is for Mason's new teacher (remember his other teacher resigned)... I haven't met her yet, but her birthday is this week. Nothing like a homemade card to say "Welcome!"... it uses Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, and Sweet Always DSP. And the ribbon is the So Saffron twill, but it matches the Apricot just fine!

The next one is for Morgan's teacher, who also has a birthday this week. I decided to try some chocolate cupcakes this time! Mmmmmm! Yummy! This is also the Sweet Always DSP, paired up with Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip.

And this last one is for my 19 year old niece in Indiana. I think this one is my personal favorite of the 5... but then, I'm a sucker for Kiwi Kiss! This uses Bella Rose DSP, with Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and of course, Kiwi Kiss. I also used the new Heart to Heart punch.

So there you have it... 5 cards knocked out lickety split!! I just have my parents' anniversary card to make... but I already snuck in another scrapbook page, of which I'll show you very soon! Thanks again for all of your sweet compliments, and for making my head swell. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really knocked those cards out Michele, they look great!! Thanks so much for sharing, you do such awesome work!!! Have a wonderful day. :)
Liz K

Kristi said...

really great cards, and such a good idea to use a similar layout for the cards - that way you can make them quickly, but still personalize the colors and style for each person. I love your cards! :o)

Jenn said...

I absolutely love them all, but the last three in particular.

Christy said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL job on those cards!!!! I love the layout and that stamp is sooo cute! What is the dazzling diamonds?? Is it like stickles? I have had bad luck with stickles....LOL

Anonymous said...

Michele, they are all wonderful cards! Love the colors and the simplicity of the style...nice and clean! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love the cards and dazzling diamonds is the greatest product. Oh please SU may we have this stamp set in the Australian catalogue?
Tamara C

Christy said...

That answers my question PERFECTLY!!! Thanks :)

Stickles are basically an acid free glitter glue and I have issues with it NEVER drying :(

Lesa G. said...

These cards are so cute!! Yea...more of your cards I can CASE!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!!! :)

Tru said...

These are the sweetest cards - so wish we had that stamp set here.

LuAnn said...

I LOVE the turquoise and red one too!!! my birthday is next week *hint hint* LOL.... just kidding!!