Friday, January 30, 2009

My Parents' 40th Anniversary!

Sunday is my parents' 40th anniversary - I am so blessed in this day and age to have parents who are still married. They mean so much to me... here is the card I made for them:

Once again, I snuck in a retired stamp on this one... the "Love you" sentiment comes from Sweet Thing. For the flowers, I spent some time coloring the rubber with my Stampin' Write markers to give it a bit of shading. I don't usually cut things out that are this detailed, but this was a special occasion! What's more, I used my Versamarker on the flowers so I could emboss them with a little clear powder to make them stand out a little more. It's hard to see in the photo, but here's a closer shot:

The embossing makes the darker part even darker, which helps the shading. You can tell that I even used Dimensionals to raise the flowers up a bit. I like the way that casts a hint of a shadow and gives the whole card some extra depth.

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad! I love you!

Card Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Inspired by Nature, En Francais background, Sweet Thing (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke
Cardstock: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Wide Grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Designer Label Punch, Horizontal Slot punch, Versamarker, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and congrats to your parents! Love the flower cut out like that!!

for2nately said...

Beautiful!
thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Christy said...

Beautiful job!!! Happy anniversary to your parents :)

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Michele, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Micheles mom and dad!!!!! :)

Liz K

Anonymous said...

How strange--my parents are married 40 years on Sunday also. They are in Australia celebrating it so I have some time to make their card. I just thought what a strange coincidence that I had to comment. happy Anniversary to your parents--40 years is such a long time and such an accomplishment.