Friday, February 8, 2008

Berry Bliss - YUMMY!

I promise I'll get back to cards soon - I'm just having a good old time creating fun gifts! This is a set that I gave my hostess last week...

Isn't that yummy?! This was the first time I used the new Berry Bliss double-sided Designer Series paper, and I was all prepared to do more embellishing, but after I put that paper on, I thought it made a nice, simple statement all on its own!

This is a notebook from Target, and the pink by the spiral matches very well with Stampin' Up!'s Purely Pomegranate ink. I adhered the DSP with ModPodge, then sanded the edges and sponged them with Chocolate Chip ink. I tied on some Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon and attached a Very Vanilla tag that I made with the Tag Corner punch and a stamp from All Holidays using Linen thread.

This jar is just a Frappacino jar - I have no idea if I spelled that right... I'm not a coffee drinker! (Much to you coffee drinkers' dismay, I poured the contents of this jar down the drain!) Anyway, they are fun to decorate and fill with chocolates. I scalloped the edge of some Pretty in Pink cardstock using the Slit punch and layered some Chocolate Chip cardstock and the Berry Bliss on top. The paper is adhered to the bottle using Sticky Strip. Then I tied on some of the same Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon.

On the top, I used the Scallop punch on some Pretty in Pink cardstock, and then went back and made smaller holes in the scallops using a 1/16" Circle punch. I also used the 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" Circle punches along with a stamp from Happy Heart Day and Pomegranate ink. This is all stuck to the lid with just a Glue Dot.

These took very little time to create - a simple, but yummy gift... just in time for Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Ali Manning said...

These are adorable, Michele! Lucky hostess.

Lesa G. said...

Michele...those are just too cute!! So cute that I had to finally leave a comment on your site after reading it FOREVER!!!
I just love all your cute cards and ideas!

Mrs. T said...

Those are very cute. I love those papers.

Sherri said...

I *love* these projects - so cute! Love that color combo!!

Anonymous said...

Michele, I love your hostess gift project...but PLEASE don't dump Starbucks down the drain! I'll drink them for you and send you the bottles!! LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Love these Michele, And ohhh that paper is yummy