Friday, February 29, 2008

March Stamp-a-Stack

Happy Leap Year to you, but Wow... March already? The months are flying by... and so is Sale-a-Bration! It ends on March 17th, so I thought I'd create the Stamp-a-Stack cards for this month using the wonderful sets available in the Sale-a-Bration brochure. We will make these during my March Stamp-a-Stack workshop here in my home (detailed below), or you can request the Mail-a-Stack option to make them with your own stamps and ink. And if you don't have the stamps and ink I used, good news! You can purchase the supplies and earn the stamps for FREE! I created these cards so that the supplies to make them cost just over $50 - that way, you could get the stamp set for FREE through the Sale-a-Bration promotion!! I've put the full list of supplies under each photo below. If you're interested in any of the packages, I'll need your order by March 14th. ...and if you order all three packages, you would qualify for Hostess Benefits as well!

I will be travelling a lot during March, so my only Stamp-a-Stack workshop this month will be on Saturday, March 15th from 10am - noon. As always, we will make 4 of each of these 3 designs for a total of 12 cards. The cost of this workshop is $10 with a $15 minimum order, or $20 without an order. This price includes clear envelopes, but if you'd prefer paper envelopes (that can be stamped to coordinate with the cards), they are 0.20 cents each. All supplies are provided for you, pre-cut and scored, but I do ask that you bring your own adhesive. Contact me at mgf@forceworld.com to reserve your spot.

And once again, if you can't make that date or live elsewhere in the US, I will have the Mail-a-Stack option open. I prepare kits that contain pre-cut and scored cardstock, ribbon, embellishments, and envelopes... along with detailed instructions with photographs. (See the bottom of this post for an example of what my kits look like.) The cost for this option is $15 for local pick-up, or $19.60 which includes Priority Shipping. This month, I will need your order for the Mail-a-Stack option by March 14th.

Okay, enough of that. Here are this month's cards:

To make this lovely pastel thank you card ("merci" is French for thank you, of course), I used the beautiful Merci Sale-a-Bration stamp set. This one would easily lend itself to an Easter card, and I will have a couple of Easter sentiments to choose from at the workshop on the 15th. The Mail-a-Stack option will include enough of the following supplies to make 4 of this card: Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Whisper White taffeta ribbon, and Whisper White envelopes.

Or, if you prefer the full package in order to receive the stamp set for free, here is the list of supplies I used:

Soft Subtles assorted cardstock ($7.95)
Whisper White neutral cardstock ($7.50)
Black StazOn ink pad ($7.95)
Lavender Lace classic ink pad ($5.25)
Certainly Celery classic ink pad ($5.25)
Blender pens ($9.95)
Whisper White Taffeta ribbon ($6.95)
Whisper White envelopes ($6.50)
Merci stamp set (FREE!)
TOTAL: $57.30 plus shipping & tax


My mom's favorite color is red, so I always like to come up with a card that I know she would love. I think this would be one... and here's another one from long ago that you might like if you share her affinity for red! To make the vibrant card shown above, I used the Friendship Blooms Sale-a-Bration stamp set. You can't tell very well from this photo, but the center of the flowers has Dazzling Diamonds on them to make them sparkle! The Mail-a-Stack option will include enough of the following supplies to make 4 of this card: Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Black Gingham ribbon, and Whisper White envelopes.

Or, if you prefer the full package in order to receive the stamp set for free, here is the list of supplies I used:

Real Red cardstock ($5.50)
Basic Black cardstock ($5.50)
Whisper White neutral cardstock ($7.50)
Basic Black classic ink pad ($5.25)
Real Red Stampin' Write marker ($3.25)
Black Gingham ribbon ($7.50)
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter ($4.50)
Embossing Buddy ($4.95)- I ALWAYS use this when dealing with Dazzling Diamonds!
Glue Pen ($3.50)
Whisper White envelopes ($6.50)
Friendship Blooms stamp set (FREE!)
TOTAL: $53.95 plus shipping & tax


To make these fun cards, I used the Lots of Thoughts Sale-a-Bration set along with a couple of new items from the Occasions Mini Catalog! The Mail-a-Stack option will include enough of the following supplies to make 2 of each design shown above: Bashful Blue and Real Red cardstock, Summer Picnic DSP, Old Olive Poly-Twill ribbon, and Rhinestone brads.

Or, if you prefer the full package in order to receive the stamp set for free, here is the list of supplies I used:

Bashful Blue cardstock ($5.50)
Real Red cardstock ($5.50)
NEW! Summer Picnic DSP ($9.95)
Real Red classic ink pad ($5.25)
NEW! Old Olive Poly-Twill ribbon ($5.95)
5-Petal Flower punch ($15.95)
Ice Rhinestone brads ($10.95)
Whisper White envelopes (6.50)
Lots of Thoughts stamp set (FREE!)
TOTAL: $65.55 plus shipping & tax

As a final reminder, Sale-a-Bration ends on March 17th, so don't forget to get in on all the great ways to earn free stamp sets. Click here for all the information, including a link to the Sale-a-Bration brochure where you can view all the free goodies!

No comments: