Thursday, February 14, 2008

Loads of Purple!

Well, I wasn't kidding! My revelation at the end of the previous post turned out to be quite fruitful! I created my husband's Valentine last night and because purple is his favorite color, and because he previously stated he'd like to see a purple card, I decided to make his in the same fashion as the boys' cards.

This is the most cardstock my Loads of Love set has seen in a long time! This time I pulled out my Short & Sweet set for the sentiment. I forgot to mention on the last post that I also used the Loads of Love Accessories set for the woman (that's me!) driving the truck. The truck was stamped onto Confetti White cardstock using black StazOn and colored with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aquapainter. Instead of coloring the hearts Rose Red, this time I used Ruby Red.

The base of this card is Perfect Plum with a layer of Elegant Eggplant and Certainly Celery... (is anyone else getting hungry?) Since I didn't have any current Designer Series Paper with a purple that wasn't girly, I pulled out a sheet from Enchante, which appeared in the '06-'07 Winter Mini catalog. I used the Word Window punch again on this one, along with some Ruby Red brads.

And there you have it... I hope it's enough purple for you, Michael!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this card ! Wish I had it to give my hubby! It's so cute and full of love and happiness!

Love the boys' cards too! Too cute!

Mayadiz said...

Gorgious! Wonderful coloring and great sketch. Your dh will love it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards, it looks great. I always find it hard too make cards for boys and men, but you make it look easy. I love all the colours you used. The colour combinations look fantastic. Well done.

Stephanie Hargis said...

All four of these cards are great! I love the fact that your husband's favorite color is purple! My husband's favorite color is blue. Haha! He's not very original! I love him anyway though. I like your color combination on this card and the others as well. I wish I could come up with good combinations that easily! :D

Diane Barnes said...

Love the layout and colours of all your loads of love cards, but especially the purple one.