Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's Time For Another Ribbon Share!

Thank you to everyone who participated in my last Ribbon Share! (...and for those of you who didn't get in on that one - good news! I ended up with about 3 extra sets. So if you want one, drop me a line quick! First come first serve.) In any case, that one was such a smashing success, I'm here to tell you about the next one!

This time, I will be doing the Wide Grosgrain ribbon. You all know how much I love this stuff... I use it all the time because it makes such a powerful statement on my cards. It comes in 8 different colors... Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy, Real Red, Regal Rose, Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive. You will receive approximately 3 yards of each color for only $16.50. This is a tremendous way for you to have all the colors of ribbon without having to buy a spool of each one... good for customers and fellow demonstrators alike! To again put this into perspective, it takes an average of 16" to wrap a card (depending on the orientation), so with this much ribbon, you will be able to embellish at least 54 cards!!

I will be placing the order on March 2nd, so be sure to sign up before then. I take payment via PayPal, and will send you an invoice upon request.

Since I didn't have a photo of this beautiful ribbon to show you (I only have 6 of the 8 colors, so I am looking forward to this Ribbon Share as much as you are! :o), I dug into my archives and found this photo of the gift I sent my dear friend Marelle this past Christmas... it has the Brocade Blue Wide grosgrain ribbon on it, so I thought it a fitting time to post.

This is that cute wooden box I found at Michael's way back when (see this post and this post for my earlier boxes, and if you like that turkey, here's a tutorial on how to make him!). I covered this one with Cutie Pie DSP using ModPodge and then coordinated it with Rose Red, Brocade Blue, and So Saffron cardstock. I used the fun All in the Family stamp set for the girls and stamped them using my Stamp-a-ma-jig so they'd be lined up just right. Here's a tutorial on how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig if you've never seen it done. They were stamped with StazOn ink onto Naturals White and watercolored using my ink pad lids and Blender Pens. The sentiment comes from Wonderful Favorites and is stamped with Rose Red ink. The flower was made with the 5-Petal Flower punch, along with the Spring Flower Bouquet punch (now retired), and fastened with a Rose Red brad.

These boxes were only $1, but once you put some creativity and some heartfelt love into them, they become priceless! Wouldn't that look cute with some pencils, pens, and a pair of scissors peeking out for a cute teacher's gift? Or you could tuck in some homemade monogrammed notecards and envelopes! ...or heck, a bag of chocolate would fit the bill too, I bet! I plan to make another box soon with an Easter theme. Stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!!! I love what you
have done with it!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute box! By the way, you've been tagged! Jackie

Marelle Taylor said...

You know I love this!! And I'm so lucky to have it sitting right here on my desk :o)
xoxo