Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Morgan is Turning 8!

I can't believe it... he's just a little squirt one day and he's teaching himself how to do "heeleys" the next. This Saturday marks his eighth birthday... where does the time go?

Well, I got another workout on using colors (refer to the previous post if you haven't already)! When I sat down to make a few birthday invitations for Morgan's little party, I asked him what colors he wanted me to use, expecting the typical answer of blue. Nope. He said, "Orange". Eeeek! Okay... so I showed him the different oranges Stampin' Up! has, hoping he'd pick something like Pumpkin Pie or Really Rust. Nope. He picked out Only Orange - the brightest one we have! Then I asked him what color he wanted to go with it. His response? "Green." Wow. Now there's a challenge! Only Orange and of all the greens, he chose Garden Green. Well, here's what I came up with:


Not half bad, eh?? I actually think this kid is on to something. Perhaps I should ask for his recommendations on colors from now on! It's a pocket card, so the party details slide out like this:


Supplies used for this invitation:
"Bugs and Kisses" stamp set
"All Year Cheer II" stamp set
Kraft cardstock
Garden Green cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Basic Black cardstock and ink
Only Orange ink
Black Gingham ribbon
Black Narrow Organdy ribbon
Vintage brads

So for all you Moms out there... go hug your kids. Better yet, sit on the floor and play a game with them. They're growing up fast.

No comments: