Sunday, July 8, 2007

Big Pieces is Back!

I am so glad that Stampin' Up! brought back the Big Pieces stamp set! I loved using it when it was in the mini catalog, and now I'm thrilled to pull it back out and be able to use it for at least six more months (and it's baby brother, Little Pieces, too). This is the card we made today during Girls Club:

I used the dynamic duo of Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie together with Whisper White. For the complimenting colors, I referred to the Color Coach and it suggested Certainly Celery and Lavender Lace. Never would've picked them myself, but I gave it a whirl - and I like it! It's so crazy how you can look at that wheel and say to yourself, "there ain't no way those colors will look good together!" But then you try it and you have to stick your foot in your mouth because that little wheel knows what it's talkin' about! Or you could just ask my 8 year old son - he has a pretty good track record at selecting colors (see my June 12th post!).

I also want to remind you that I am having a Stamp-a-Stack this coming Thursday night from 7-9pm. There are still seats available, so if you'd like to come, drop me a line!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors you chose! By the way, you've been tagged. If you want to play along, visit my blog for details.

Marelle Taylor said...

Cute!! Can I CASE this one??