Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Birthday, America!

I sat down at my desk to make a patriotic card, not knowing how I'd even begin! So I just started by pulling out Brilliant Blue and Real Red and hoped it would flow from there... and it did! I thought of fireworks and that made me think of a particular stamp in the "Big Pieces" set (I'm SOOOOO glad they brought that one back!). So I went to town on a piece of Whisper White making blue and red *fireworks*, complete with sound effects and the standard ooooohs and aaaaaaahs after each one. :) When I got done with that, I decided it was a bit too much (I guess I got a little carried away). So no big deal... I just toned it down with a piece of vellum! Solved that problem. Then I decided to jazz up the vellum, so I used the "Little Pieces" version of the same stamp and embossed it using Whisper White craft ink and clear powder. You'll have to look closely to see it, but it's there, and it gave the fireworks "show" some nice depth! Then I embossed the word Celebrate from the "All About U" set, gave it a few snips with my ticket corner punch, and fastened it on with some Real Red grosgrain ribbon. Add a couple buttons for balance, and here we are with a very patriotic tribute to our nation's birthday. What do you think of the show?

2 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

Happy Birthday America from me too. Love that fireworks display...I'm oohing and aahing over here too!

Anonymous said...

So cute Michele, love how the vellum stamping adds dimension!