Saturday, July 14, 2007

Breakfast in Bed

My sweet son, Mason, made me breakfast in bed this morning. No, it's not my birthday. It's not Mother's Day. There's nothing in particular that needed to be celebrated - other than the fact that I have a wonderfully thoughtful son! I layed in bed (at 6am, mind you) and enjoyed my Toaster Strudel and glass of water and then had him climb up next to me. He's been having a hard time sleeping lately, so he welcomed the opportunity to snuggle in Mom & Dad's bed - and he managed to go back to sleep for a couple more hours. As I lay there next to him, thoughts were filling my head about a card that I could make just for him. This is what transpired:

His favorite color is red, so I started with that. The Color Coach suggested Old Olive and Creamy Caramel, so I trusted it again... (you REALLY should have one of these! Takes the guesswork out of choosing colors!) So Old Olive and Real Red lended itself well for this cute little snake from the new set "Zoofari". I used the markers to color in the snake and then dabbed some Crystal Effects on the red stripes and the tongue. I embossed the the "Wild About You" sentiment with Whisper White craft ink and Winter White embossing powder. The hearts are from the "All About U" set and I embossed them too. The Old Olive diamonds were an afterthought - it really needed some of that color in that corner to balance it out and you have seen from the last few posts that my method of solving this is to just add a small circle, brad, or some other little bit like this.

Inside the card, I wrote something like, "Thankssssss ssssssso much for bringing me breakfasssssst in bed..." I haven't given it to him yet, but I can't wait to see his reaction. My boys watch me make cards all the time, but they're not usually the recipient of them! I think I'll make cards for them more often...

Suppliesssssss:
Stamp Sets: Zoofari, Wild About You, All About U
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Old Olive and Real Red markers, Whisper White craft, Basic Black, Versamark
Accessories: Black Gingham ribbon, Clear and Winter White embossing powder, heat tool, gold brads, Ticket Corner punch, 1/4" square punch, Crystal Effects

2 comments:

Tami said...

That'sssss ssssso ssssweet!!
The card is just adorable too, as is your card from your stamp-a-stack! I still don't have the Doodle This set, but it's on my list. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!!
-Tami

Karen said...

what a cute card. Love the colors!