Thursday, July 12, 2007

Doodle This!

I had a fabulous time at the Stamp-a-Stack workshop tonight! Why? Well, because I sat down and made the cards too! I don't usually get to do that, but I had a smaller crowd, so I took advantage of the time to stock up on some cards myself. Here's my favorite of the night:

It was funny - we each liked a different card, but this one grabbed me. I created it just this afternoon after this stamp set arrived at my door! It was screaming turquoise at me, so I just sat right down and got busy. I stamped the big flower in black StazOn and then used my blender pens and a well of ink in the lid of the stamp pads to color it in (you create this well by squeezing the stamp pad while it's shut). You may not be able to tell from the photo, but the flower has some glitter on it - one of my new favorite techniques. There's also some glitter on the coral dots in the corner, just to tie it all together. And for the record, my flower is off center on purpose. I liked it better this way, but some of the ladies tonight decided to center theirs. It's nice to be able to tweak the designs to suit individual preferences.

Supplies used:
Stamp Sets: Doodle This, Hugs and Wishes
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Confetti White
Ink: StazOn, VersaMark, Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch (to punch out the window), Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 2 Way Glue pen, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, 1/4" Circle punch

I also want to share some feedback I received about my earlier post using the Carte Postale set (the card that I attempted twice). We discussed it tonight - funny how people will give me their honest opinions in person, but are afraid to online! It was pretty much unanimous that the card was not a winner - I already knew that. But when I brought it out in person, they all started changing their tune! Apparently it looks much better in real life than it did in the photos. But whatever it is about that card that we don't particularly like, none of us could come up with what needed to change. So that just goes to show you that we all need a "Card Graveyard" for the ones like this that you just wouldn't want to send to anyone! Ha!

Lastly, I want to thank those of you who are reaching out and leaving comments! I enjoy hearing your thoughts about the cards I post.

Until next time... Toodle-loo!

2 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

I love this!! And I like it off-centre too ;-)

Robyn said...

Great card, love the combination of certainly celery and turquoise.