Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm Back Home!

Hi everyone! Maddox and I are back home from beautiful Utah... time to get back to play... er, I mean work. Well, I promised to show you what Angela and I worked on while I was there. Remember that it does not use any Stampin' Up! products, except for a couple of stamps. Angela saw this pink patterned paper in a scrapbook store and wanted to use it, so that's what we started with. We didn't make it too elaborate since she had to make so many, so I copied this design from Morgan's birthday invitation (see my June 12th post) - it's a simple pocket card.

Here's a close up of the sentiment (which is from the "Curvy Verses" set):

And here's what the inside looks like - Angela and I both just love the adorable little footprints (from the "I'm Here" set)! They are stamped on the background paper while the invitation is printed on vellum and attached with a tiny pink safety pin.


I am now working on finishing up the preparations for this Saturday's Stamp-a-Stack workshop where we will be making 8 cards and 2 card boxes. Please be sure to let me know if you are coming so I can prepare enough supplies!

Although I like to keep this blog "business only", I want to leave you with a few photo from my trip. This first one is me hiking up to gorgeous Stewart Falls with Maddox on my back.

This is Angela relieving me of our precious cargo. (He's quite heavy and Angela is in much better shape than I am!)

This is me and Angela on top of the Conference Center after seeing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

And this is Maddox with Lisa on Sunday morning. She said that he did great (he went to church with them) and that her kids were all fighting over him. I'm so glad he was such a good boy.


Thanks, Lisa, for the beautiful gift and making it possible for Angela and I to have the morning free.
Thanks, Mallory and Michal, for being so willing to always watch my happy boy.
Thanks, Clarine, for a wonderful lunch and for the even better company.

And thank you, Angela, for such a fabulous time! I always enjoy coming to Utah to hang with you and your wonderful family...

...and to beat you at cards. :)

2 comments:

Marelle Taylor said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Love the Invite too :)

Angie Kennedy Juda said...

Very cute invitation!! Looks like you had a great time in Utah!!