Monday, July 9, 2007

Tag... I'm it

I've been tagged! Andrea Walford of Andrea's Stamping Blog tagged me. I am to share 7 things about me and then tag 7 others. So here goes:

1. I can't whistle. Very sad, actually, because I used to be able to when I was little. But I lost the ability somewhere down the road and it hasn't been found since.

2. I snap my fingers differently than most people. I use my thumb and RING finger instead of the tall finger. The ability to do this "properly" must've run off with my ability to whistle.

3. I am PHOBIC of cockroaches. (Is there a scientific name for this disorder?) I mean it, people... I freak out at the sight of one. My skin crawls and I get the eeby-jeebies. If I actually have to be the "mommy" and kill one, well, it ain't a pretty sight. Fortunately, I've only seen ONE in our house and that was a long time ago. I hope I killed it before it found a girlfriend and had... well, you get the idea. I have to stop thinking about this and move on.

4. I have a pet snake named Bailey. Even though I have 3 sons, Bailey is MY pet. She's a 1 1/2 year old Brook's Kingsnake. Very sweet little girl. Never thought I would have one, but I'm actually quite fond of her! (Yes, people, I can hold and feed a snake, but I climb the walls at the sight of a roach. Makes no sense, I know.)

5. I think I was born in the wrong century. I love the 1800s and how life was so simple - no electronic anything, no super highways, no private gyms, no ginormous grocery stores on every corner. Men and women worked very hard with very little and saved what little they earned. Kids were taught to cook, sew, plow, and harvest. Sundays were reserved for worship and family. Preparing for Christmas meant making homemade gifts, not fighting the crowds to buy one. There were no telephone poles, power plants, or worthless billboards to clutter up the beautiful landscape. I could go on and on... I have such respect for our ancestors and the lives they lived and the legacies they left behind. One small paragraph is simply not enough to express my thoughts on this topic.

6. My husband proposed to me 3 months after we met, and we were married 3 months later at the tender young age of 21. Now, 15 years and 3 kids later, we will both tell you that our marriage is our single most greatest achievement. We are truly blessed and we try very hard to not take any of it for granted.

7. My favorite movie (okay, it's a mini-series) is Lonesome Dove. See #5 above. 'Nuff said.

Okay... now I'm supposed to tag 7 others, but I am having a hard time finding people who haven't been tagged recently. I've spent too much time searching already, so for the sake of my family who would really like dinner before 10pm, I'm just going to do 3. I hope I don't cause myself to have 7 years of bad luck or whatever else happens if you don't follow the rules exactly. :)

1. Tami at Addicted to Stampin'
2. Wendy at Wickedly Wonderful Creations
3. Lori Craig at Make a Difference

Very talented ladies! Thanks for playing along.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Michele,
Thanks for tagging me ... that was fun, but actually quite hard to come up with 7 things about myself ... but I did. I'm adding a link to your site on mine so that I can visit often. BTW, the card shown above is very nice, even if you are in a slump! I'm in the same slump though trying to come up with swaps for convention ... ugh!!
Have a great day!
-Tami

Anonymous said...

Michele,

Thanks for tagging me. I am not going to play right now as I have several deadlines looming. Thanks so much for thinking of me, though! Good luck with your blog. I'll be checking back! Hugs, Lori