Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Birthday Idea!

Well, dear friends, tomorrow is my birthday... yup, I'm turning 24. (for the ump-teenth time). *giggle* I can't wait to show you a G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S card I received from my special friend down under!!! (my long-time readers should know who that is!) Then, I'll show you another F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S card I received from a good friend right here in Texas! ...then I got to thinking (uh-oh) and I came up with an idea...

...Background info: Do you remember me telling you that my dear friends from Scotland are coming to stay with us for two whole weeks? They arrive on Sunday and I am SO EXCITED! But I've been worried about how I'm going to keep my blog updated while they're here because, as much as I love you all, I'm afraid I will be putting you all on the back burner while they are here! This is their first trip to the States and we want to make it really special for them. I have made a few cards in advance, but still not enough to cover 2 weeks...

Soooooooo... my idea is a bit selfish, but I hope you'll see I'm actually thinking about all of you. :) How about YOU ALL supply me with the cards for these 2 weeks?? Send me a birthday card and, in turn, I will post YOUR cards! That would be a fabulous birthday gift (if I may be so bold to ask for one!) because it would relieve me of the stress of designing cards while my guests are here. YOU benefit because you'll still see fresh, new designs on my blog when you visit!

So here's the details: Send me an e-mail if you would like to participate, and I will give you my mailing address. I prefer that you only use CURRENT Stampin' Up! materials, as that's the only thing I put on my blog. And because I will be including your name in my post, you will want to send only your best work!! If you have a blog or SU! website you would like me to link to, please include that with your card.

Oh, one last thing... I will put each person who participates into a special Blog Candy drawing when this is all done! I haven't done any Blog Candy in awhile, so this is a perfect time to do it! I'll post those details soon... gotta figure out what to include first!

We'll see how this works out! I look forward to seeing your creations!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Michele what a totally FABULOUS idea!

I will for sure send you a card. Do you want birthday, or something else? Just want to make sure I do the right thing!

Have fun with your friend from Scotland. It is so cool you are finally going to meet in real life! How fun!